Speech..1

 Speech



1. I said to him, "Why are you working so hard?"

A. I asked him why he was working so hard.

B. I asked him why was he working so hard.

C. I asked him why had he been working so hard.

D. I asked him why he had been working so hard.




2. The traveller said, "What a beautiful sight!"


A. The traveller exclaimed that it was an beautiful sight.

B. The traveller exclaimed that it was a beautiful sight.

C. The traveller said that it was beautiful.

D. The traveller remarked the beautiful sight.




3. The teacher said, "Neha why are you late again today?"

A. The teacher asked Neha why was she late again that day.

B. The teacher asked Neha why she was late again today.

C. The teacher asked Neha why she was late again that day?

D. The teacher asked Neha why she was late again that day.



4. The student said, "Let me come in."

A. The student told that let he be allowed to come in.

B. The student said that if he is allowed to come in.

C. The student requested to let him come in.

D. The student requested that he might be allowed to come in.


5. Seeta said to me, " Can you give me your pen ?"

A. Seeta asked me can I give her my pen.

B. Seeta asked me if I can give me your pen.

C. Seeta asked me if I could give her my pen.


D. Seeta asked me if i could give her my pen.


6. My cousin said, "My room-mate snored throughout the night."

A. My cousin said that her room-mate had snored throughout the night.


B. My cousin told me that her room-mate snored throughout the night.


C. My cousin complained to me that her room-mate is snoring throughout the night.


D. My cousin felt that her room-mate may be snoring throughout the night.


7. Rajesh said, "I bought a car yesterda
y."

A. Rajesh said that I have bought a car the previous day.


B. Rajesh told us that he had bought a car yesterday.

C. Rajesh said that he bought a car the previous day.

D. Rajesh said that he had bought a car the previous day.



8. The teacher asked me why I had been absent the day before.

A. The teacher asked me, "Why were you absent yesterday?"

B. The teacher asked me, "Why are you absent yesterday?"

C. The teacher asked me, "Why are you absent the day 

before?"

D. The teacher asked me, "Were you absent the day before?"


9. The Ox asked the dog not to sit there.

A. The ox said to the dog, "Not to sit here."

B. The ox said to the dog,"Do not sit here."

C. The ox said to the dog, "Does not sit here."

D. The ox said to the dog,"Did not sit here."



Answer Key :

1.(a)   2.(b)   3.(d)  4.(d)  5.(c)   6.(a)    7.(d)    8.(a)    9.(b)  

Comments